Jarrell’s Green Energy Management Solutions (GEMS) team is dedicated to helping building owners, building managers, and tenants to find life cycle cost effective projects that will use less energy and save them money. Whether it’s a new building construction project, an older, inefficient system that is in need of an upgrade, or you have a more current system that you’d like to perform better, our GEMS team can provide complete analysis and recommendations on improving your sustainability so that you can make a confident decision on the feasibility of a construction project.
Our GEMS team is composed of:
- Certified Energy Managers (CEMs) certified by the Association of Energy Engineers
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Associated Professionals
- Engineers with degrees in engineering, mathematics, computer science, electronics, and HVAC.
Our GEMS team is a force of experts that are knowledgeable in all aspects of commercial and industrial energy supply. Our team members have many decades of experience in controls programming logic and detailed building modeling for building performance simulations. They collaborate with local utilities and come up with design solutions for the project that will earn additional incentives and rebates for the customer, and also work with tax attorneys and CPA’s to get any available tax credits for the customer for their energy conservation achievements. The most successful companies are run by forward-thinkers, not only looking for ways for their companies to profit but also for ways to cut operating costs while maintaining the quality of their services. “Green” and “Smart” buildings are more marketable than those that are not constructed with an energy conservation approach.
Jarrell’s GEMS team provides a wide variety of services including, but not limited to:
- Benchmarking – this process involves the research and evaluation of a building’s historical energy consumption and demand. The building is then compared to buildings that are of the same size, are used in the same way (residential apartments, offices, etc.), and are located in similar climates. This comparison provides the building owner, manager, or tenant a simple way of determining how well their building performs as compared to similar buildings. From this information, they can get a clearer view of a bigger picture and decide whether or not they want to pursue further exploration into the potential for energy saving projects on their building. They may find that their current energy usage is less than similar businesses or that there are specific areas where their energy consumption could cost-effectively be reduced.
- Energy Audits – Energy audits go a step further than benchmarking alone. Although they do include benchmarking, they also consist of a deep analysis of past energy bills, evaluation of current utility rate structures, summarization of the building’s systems and their operation, and a menu of energy conservation measures each with a full economic analysis including estimated annual savings, estimated incentives/rebates, estimated ROI (Return on Investment), and payback. Energy audits give an in-depth evaluation of potential cost savings for future projects.
- Retro-commissioning – Jarrell’s GEMS team is an approved Retro-commissioning Agent by the Ameren Missouri’s Business Energy Efficiency program. Retro-commissioning takes benchmarking and energy audits to the next level with data logging, trending, and use of service technicians to ensure that air and water systems are balanced properly for optimum efficiency. Through the retro-commissioning process, we ensure that your existing HVAC equipment has been designed and installed according to the operational requirements and is being operated and maintained in the properly for optimum efficiency.
- Remote Building Automation System Monitoring – Jarrell’s GEMS team service includes 24/7 monitoring for any issues that may arise in a building’s automation system. This, combined with Jarrell’s 24/7 service department, provides building owners, managers, and tenants the peace of mind that if there is a problem, Jarrell will know about it immediately and dispatch a field service technician to take care of the problem before it turns into something worse. More often than not, our technicians are working on the problem before you’re even aware that there is one. Our team takes the stress out of a potentially stressful situation.
- Preventative Maintenance Agreements – Once a building has been tweaked into optimal performance and efficiency, Jarrell offers Preventative Maintenance Agreements in order to maintain the building systems and help prevent any problems from arising due to lack of proper and regularly scheduled maintenance. As with any machine, only with regular and appropriate service maintenance will it continue to function with optimal performance and peak efficiency. Regular maintenance means less wear on your equipment which means there will be fewer malfunctions and it will last much longer before it needs to be replaced.