Jarrell’s Green Energy Management Solutions (GEMS) team is dedicated to helping building owners, building managers, and tenants to find life cycle cost effective projects that will save energy and money.
Jarrell’s GEMS team is composed of:
- Certified Energy Managers (CEMs) certified by the Association of Energy Engineers
- LEED Associated Professionals
- Engineers with degrees in engineering, mathematics, computer science, electronics, and HVAC.
These team members have decades upon decades of experience in controls programming logic, detailed building modeling for building performance simulations, collaborating with local utilities to get incentives and rebates for the customer, and working with tax attorneys or CPAs to get tax credits for the customer.
Jarrell’s GEMS team provides a wide variety of services including, but not limited to:
- Benchmarking – this process involves evaluation of a building’s historical energy consumption and demand. The building is then compared to buildings that are used in similar ways and that are located in similar climates. This provides the building owner, manager, or tenant a simple way of determining how well their building performs as compared to similar buildings. From this information, a building owner, manager, or tenant can decide whether they want to pursue further exploration into the potential for energy saving projects on their building.
- Energy Audits – Energy audits include benchmarking, a deep analysis of energy bills, evaluation of utility rate structures, summarization of the building’s systems and operation, and a menu of energy conservation measures each with a full economic analysis including estimated annual savings, estimated incentives/rebates, estimated ROI, and payback.
- Retrocommissioning – Jarrell’s GEMS team is an approved Retrocommissioning agent by Ameren Missouri’s Business Energy Efficiency program. Retrocommissioning takes benchmarking and energy audits to the next level with data logging, trending, and use of service technicians to ensure that air and water systems are balanced properly.
- Remote Building Automation System Monitoring – Jarrell’s GEMS team includes 24/7 monitoring for issues that may arise in a building’s automation system. This, coupled with Jarrell’s 24/7 service department, provides building owners/managers/tenants the peace of mind that if there is a problem, Jarrell will know about it and dispatch a field service technician to take care of the problem before it turns into something worse.
- Preventative Maintenance Agreements – Once a building has been tweaked into optimal performance, Jarrell offers Preventative Maintenance Agreements in order to maintain the building systems and help prevent any problems from arising due to lack of proper and regularly scheduled maintenance.